What should I expect when I visit?
When you think about visiting a church for the first time, there are undoubtedly some questions that go through your mind. So, we’d like to answer some of those questions right now, but if you have some other question, please call us at (705) 487-0303 or email us at:
- How do I get there? – We are located at 110 Line 7 South Oro-Medonte, Ontario. Click here for directions. Since we have our own free standing building and property, there is ample parking.
- What should I wear? – Please wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Some of the men wear suits and ties, some don’t. Some of the ladies wear dresses and skirts, some don’t.
- Who should I find if I have any questions? – We have greeters at our Welcome Centre (inside the entry doors). They can provide information and direct you to the restrooms, children’s church, nursery, etc. Our ushers will assist seating you if you wish. Once the service has started, they are always available to help you.
- What about my children? – On Sunday mornings, we have a children’s program for ages newborn to 12 yrs. Your children will accompany you to the sanctuary for the first part of the service and will be released to go to their class just before the message begins. The infant nursery/mothers’ room is at the end of the hall and to the right in Room 204. The children’s ministry presently consists of two groups: newborn to 5, and 6 to 12 years. The Pre-School room (newborn to 5 years) is located beside the nursery in Rooms 201 – 203. The Junior Church room (6 to 12 years) is on the lower level to the left in Room 101. While the children will enjoy a variety of games and activities, our principle goal is to teach them about Jesus, that they may know Him personally as their Lord, that they are baptized in the Holy Spirit and that they may know how to live successful and victorious lives. Children are very important to us. Their facilities are clean and well-equipped. Our workers are caring, fun, safe, and most of all, love children. All our children’s workers aged 18 and over have police background checks completed every 3 years. It is so important that children learn about the saving grace of Jesus at a young age, as well as the foundation stones of faithfulness, kindness and respect. Together we can help your children, whatever their ages, learn, grow and have fun together!
- What about youth? – On Sunday mornings, we have a youth program for ages 13 to 19 years. The young people will attend the first part of the service in the sanctuary and will be released to go to their class just before the message begins. The Youth classroom is located downstairs, to the right in Room 100. From time to time, youth activities of a social nature are organized.
- Where are the restrooms? – The restrooms are located on the upper level at the end of the hall and on the lower level to the left.
- What can I expect to happen during the service itself? – We begin the service with a time of praise and worship featuring both time honoured favourites and new contemporary music. The words of the songs are projected onto a large screen at the front of the sanctuary and all are encouraged to sing along. People generally stand during the praise and worship program, but, if for some reason, you need to sit, please feel free to do so. Following the praise and worship program, the offering is normally received. The children and youth are then dismissed to their classes and the message begins. At the end of the message, there is usually an opportunity for individual ministry at the altar area. The service will be dismissed after this ministry time.
- How long will the service be? – Most of our Sunday morning services last about an hour and a half to two hours, depending upon any ministry time at the end.
- What happens after service? – After the service is dismissed, refreshments are served. Coffee, tea, juice and usually a light snack are available. This provides an opportunity for you to meet the pastors and to fellowship with the congregation of Faith Alive. After all, church is all about people and relationships, and we would like to get to know you!